Saturday, May 31, 2008

Arrow Rock

I took my parents to Arrow Rock in the free rental car today.

Getting there was perhaps the highlight of the day.

The car is a two-door car and the back seats are, well, rather comfy and small. My mother rode in the back seat, because my father is a rather large man and he needs the space of the front seat.

Well, to make things short, for the most part, everytime my mother got out of the car, I had to lower the roof. Hehe...yeah, it was strange looking at first. But she got a laugh out of it, so it was good.

I don't think I will ever have a convertible. It looks great, but I really don't see the practical use of it. We started on the trip to Arrow Rock with the top down and at first, it was no problem.

But by the time we got to Rocheport, it was getting hot and we was getting burnt from the sun. So, I put it the top back up and turned on the AC. Much better.


It was a beautiful day and we got to Arrow Rock in a timely manner.

For those who don't know what Arrow Rock is or where it is, check here.

It is really a neat place to explore although it is a very small town with one main street
of antique shops and a few restaurants. But if you love small towns filled with history and B&B motels, this is the place for you.




But with all the history and the uniqueness of Arrow Rock, the town has for the past 48 yrs, been providing drama and music to all who come to Arrow Rock.

Lyceum Theatre is located on the east end of the town. Get a chance to go see a show when you can. I never have been to a performance, but I have heard great things of the Theatre.

We didn't stay there in town very long, perhaps about 45 minutes or so. We came, we saw, and we left :) But since the town is only 45-50 minutes away from Columbia, you can go back anytime on weekends.

I probably go somewhere tomorrow with the rental car. I don't know where yet. I have to return the car back to the dealer Monday afternoon after work.

It was fun for the weekend to have the car, but it needs to be longer than a weekend :)



No comments: