Saturday, January 26, 2008

God's love for me....and for you.

Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us,
in that while we (and you!)
were yet sinners,
Christ died
for us."
Just think of that verse, just think about what God had to do in order to save me and you.
God the Father loves me so much, in that in order for me NOT to be separated from Him for eternity, He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for me, to take my sins upon Himself, to pay for that penalty that should have been mine.
He demonstrated His love for me, His ever-reaching love for me. He lavishes His love for me that He sent His only Son, whom He loves equally as I and you.
Simply amazing.
But we (and I) can take that kind of love for granted daily. We go on about our busy lifes forgetting about His love for us and what expense He had to pay. We think that we can go living without Him, never thanking Him for that love, for that sacrifice.
May we stop and relish in that love each and every moment for the rest of our lives and for eternity!

No comments: